Friday 4 June 2010

End Of A School Year

Today are the Seniors last day and as i sit here in the lunchroom typing away at my friends computer i have realized some things.

Things end. I know that many people know that, and it's a pretty self-explanitory sentence, but at the same time it't not. But things actually end. I'm not talking about death or jobs or marrages or whatever. I have many senior friends that I will never ever see again after today. We will say that we will, but honestly, we won't. They will go to college and then they will never come back. We won't talk, we won't email, and we won't hang out. They will have started their life and they will have left me behind. I'm not a part of thier future, i'm a part of thier past. Someone they will vaguely remember me when flipping through thier year book with their children many years ago. Maybe they won't even remember my name. Maybe i won't even remember their's. It's sad, yes, but it's true.

Also, things that we think that will go on forever, end. Yes, it's sort of what i was talking about in the first paragraph but whatever. We grow up with people in our lives and expect that they will be there forever, but they won't. I have many friends that i have gone to school with and been good friends since elementary school. As we grow up, we have either grown together or apart, but either way, when we graduate and we walk out of the Roy Wilken's auditorium (where the graduation ceremony is held) I won't honestly see many of them ever again. Sure, we might hang out during the summer, but that's only my close friends. What about the people that you know from class and never got around to being their friend? What about all of them? You will never see them again.

Last year at the senior walk out, it was just another normal day. I walked out of school and avoided the masses of seniors saying their last goodbyes because i was a freshman and I didn't know many seniors. But this year. This year was different. As i walked out of my school and looked down the steps, i was watching friends that were saying their goodbyes. And i realized that many of my friends were in the 'Senior-goodbye-hug-mosh-pit-thing.' So i just stood there and watched. I realized that in two years I will be down there saying goodbye to people i've known all my life. The idea scared me, but a good kind of scary.

In two years I will be graduating and I will be leaving behind some sophomore standing on the steps wondering what it will be like to be saying goodbye. A note to all of my seniors, I will miss you dearly and i can't wait to spend an amazing summer with you ;)

<3 e

No comments:

Post a Comment