Wednesday 28 April 2010

Poem!

I get very bored in Chemistry class, so I spend the time writing poems. I felt that this one was Blog worthy!

Do You Know Me?

Hello.
Have you met me before?
Yes. You have. But,
Do you know me?

Not your idea of me.
My idea of me.
My thoughts.
My dreams.

Do you know the photographer?
Who walks everywhere,
Seeing things in contrast
And elements of a photo.

Do you know the dancer?
Who feels strong and powerful.
And graceful.
Only when she's onstage.

Do you know the pianist?
Who sits down and plays
The music of her heart,
While scribbling it down.

Do you know the actress?
Who stays in black but
Only wishes to be in the
Spotlight.

Do you know the singer?
Who only sings sweet melodies
When no one can hear.
She hopes they can hear.

Do you know the friend?
Who'll listen no matter what.
Who'll answer her phone at
Any hour. Any.

Do you know the dreamer?
Who dreams and dreams
Everything that won't come true.
But still dreams.

Do you know the poet?
Who thinks and dreams of words
Pouring out of her fingers
Scrambing to find paper.

Do you know me?
The real me?
No.
I don't think you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment