Sunday 4 April 2010

Easter


I’m not a religious person. Never have been, and probably never will be. I was never baptized and I’ve never gone to church (with the few exceptions of going to my friend’s church). I’ve never attended any holiday church service, but my family celebrates holidays own way.

Like today, for instance. The crazy-ass idea about a rabbit hiding eggs around your house (where he got the eggs I don’t want to know). For some reason this rabbit and his basket of eggs makes yearly visits to my house. And this year was no exception.

I came down my grandmothers stairs (Can you believe that pesky rabbit? He followed me!), to find pastel plastic eggs scattered about the house. I was handed a plastic bag and told that there were twelve this year. And a few random lambs. So I went about searching for them (it was much more fun when I was little and I actually had problems finding said eggs).

About five minutes later when my plastic bag was weighed down with twelve eggs and 3 misshapen chocolate lambs, I went about cracking open these eggs to find (to my surprise!) Starburst jelly beans and chocolate eggs. I then packed myself up and went about my day (with my bag by my side, of course).

Whatever you did this Easter (Sitting on a hard bench listening to a sermon or sitting around the house growling at anyone who came within a 3 foot radius of your plastic bag full of sweets), I hope you enjoyed it!

Happy Easter!
<3 e

P.S. A note to the photo:
My uncle decided that I needed to have some Peeps for Easter, and since they are the worst things since... well... anything (sorry Peep lovers) I took "artsy" photos of them!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. All I did was go to my grandparents's house. My mom put an easter basket with some fake grass and some chocolate, and a travel book on my place at the table. Most uneventful easter yet. She usually hides the basket and says it's the easter bunny. So it wasn't quite fun this year. But less annoying when I couldn't find the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I get a fancy basket, but this year I was stuck with a plastic bag. None-the-less, a carrying device in which I can/could carry my sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything is fine by me. As long as I get my candy.

    ReplyDelete