Saturday 26 January 2013

I am a horrible blogger.

Today I was bored at work so I went through my normal things to do when I'm bored. I checked Facebook. I checked my email. I checked to see if anyone was online to talk to. I even resorted to stumbleupon. Eventually I found my way back here, and when reading through my old posts I realized why I am such a horrible blogger.

First, I blog for myself. I write myself little inside jokes and inside stories so that when I go back and read it later, I wil lbe able to understand the full meaning of what I wrote. Well let me tell you, when reading my old posts, I have no clue what I'm talking about. The thing is, if I don't know what I'm talking about, then how are you, my reader(s??), supposed to get anything out of what I'm writing? You won't.

Second, I spend the majority of the time apologizing for not updating my blog enough, which in itself doesn't cound as a blog post. You don't need to waste your time reading it, and I shouldn't waste my time writing it. Instead, I should actually try to write stuff.

Thirdly, and this ties in with the first, if I actually intend to blog, then I need to be willing to post things about me online. I don't mean addresses and phone numbers and things like that. I mean that if i want a story to be interesting and to actually reflect what is going on in my life, I need to actually give details, not "this was a night to remember *insert shifty eyes*" It's dumb and it micks you for not being there.

This is not me promising that I'm posting more. Not even in the slightest. Actually, if anything, I would start a new blog. One that doesn't have all of the backlog of dumb one sided stories that, lets be honest, were contrived and uninteresting to you and I. If I do end up starting a blog, or even focusing on my baking/cooking blog, I will be sure to let all of you few readers know. Don't expect this anytime soon, but this might just be the outlet I need right now.

Thanks for still reading
<3 e="" p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment