Tuesday 14 August 2012

Distortion

Memories are constantly distorted. The more we remember them, the less like the past they become. We mold them to form what we wanted them to become. But by doing so, we have incorrect perceptions of what occurred.

I commonly remember things better than they actually were. An event that could have been fun, but nothing special, I will remember as an extraordinary night. Because of my high perceptions of the past, I hold the present and future up to the standards of my glorified past. I set goals higher than anything that would ever be possible. The problem is that once something is actually as amazing as the original event that I'm comparing it too, it doesn't get as much credit as it should.

My distorted memories lead to a very disappointed life. The worst part is that I know what I'm doing but am unable to remold old memories.

<3 e="e" p="p">

1 comment: