Thursday 29 July 2010

Westward Vacation - Day 5

Today was another driving day. We woke up at 6 and then left at 8 (it takes us a while to actually leave, plus we had to eat breakfast).

I slept for the first hour and then my parent's woke me up to look at a view. Do I dutifully got out of the car and looked at the over look. It was impressive, but there was something else that caught my attention. Chipmunks. Now, I have always liked chipmunks, I think they are adorable little animals. But these chipmunks were something else. They had run up the side of a mountain to where to over look was so that they could come up to the people. And when i say "come up" I mean they would walk right up to you, only about an inch away and look up at you and say with their little cute eyes "FOOOOOOOOD!!!". It was the cutest thing I have every seen. They kept walking up to me, and I was able to take some great shots of them. They even ran over some kid's shoe!!

Over the course of the next 10 hours we continues to see different kinds of animals, including:
-Crazy tame chipmunks
-Cows just hanging out by the side of the road munching on grass
-A bear from very far away, but I was able to take pictures of it with my dad's long range zoom camera
-Many herds of buffalo
-Deer that had walked right up to a house and were just hanging out
-Elk who were lounging in the middle of someone's lawn
-A moose (technically my mom saw it and i didn't but i'm still counting it!)

Other than seeing more mountains we saw the Mammoth Hot springs, which were cool looking but there wasn't actually any water in it like there was supposed to be. There was actually a sign for "Trucks will flip." That was scary!

We had dinner at this great place called Moontime where i had cheese filled ravioli that was super good!

All in all the city of Couer d'Alene ID is a very nice city! But i can't wait to be in Seattle tomorrow!
<3 e

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all of these pictures you've taken! I bet you have some gorgeous ones <3

    By the way, it's Coeur d'Alene, it's French :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, sorry about that. Every time i type these i'm super tired, so i'm sorry about all the errors haha

    ReplyDelete