Friday 18 March 2011

Crashing Cars

I have always equated life to be like a car. Your parents teach you how to drive and then once you do you leave and are independent. You end up driving around slowly picking up people until it is too old and it eventually gives out.

But, as in life and in driving, there are always accidents. One second you are cruising down the road and then time slows. You have hit something. The front of your car buckles and in a last, desperate, attempt to save you, your air bag goes off. But nothing can stop the deafening silence after a crash. The feeling that everything that once was perfect, is now ruined.

I’m just waiting for my crash.

1 comment:

  1. I like that metaphor.
    It's a bit depressing, but it makes me thing of a song lyric I've had stuck in my head for a while: "Some people wait for magic while the tragic wait for something to go wrong."

    ReplyDelete